How to update Warning Site Count and Maximum Site Count of SPContentDatabase

This seems pretty simple as you can just set the properties of SPContentDatabase and you are good to go. However, this didn't work atleast in my case. I was trying to use the below command earlier which didn't work:- Get-SPContentDatabase | foreach-object{$_.WarningSiteCount = 0; $_.MaximumSiteCount=$_.CurrentSiteCount} Ideally, if the above command executes successfully & correctly then it should … Continue reading How to update Warning Site Count and Maximum Site Count of SPContentDatabase

Advertisements

Unable to remove SharePoint server from Farm – “cacheHostInfo is null”

I was creating a new farm from an existing farm due to project requirements, but I came across a situation wherein I was not able to remove the server from the farm using the SharePoint 2013 UI(server was already removed using the command or you can remove it by using configuration wizard on the server … Continue reading Unable to remove SharePoint server from Farm – “cacheHostInfo is null”

SharePoint 2013 : Orphaned Content Database Removal

Orphaned Content Database - By orphaned content database I mean that the content database is not associated to any web application and is not visible by using Get-SPContentDatabase command. So, what is the need of removing the Orphaned Database. Recently, I accidentally removed a database and added it back but somehow it was not adding back … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 : Orphaned Content Database Removal

Current Navigation Query String Repeating Issue in SharePoint 2013

There is an issue in SharePoint 2013 site in the version before SP1 that if you enter a URL with query string it keeps on adding the query string multiple times whenever any user clicks on the URL or try to save it. It can be fixed in two ways. Manual fixing PowerShell Manual Fixing: Follow … Continue reading Current Navigation Query String Repeating Issue in SharePoint 2013

SharePoint Configuration Exception – An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown.

Recently, I encountered a problem while installing SharePoint 2013. I just installed the SharePoint 2013 and when I run configuration wizard the following error was thrown just after the 3rd step of creation of configuration database. Somehow I figured out its the issue with the SharePoint installation, just install the latest CU it would fix this … Continue reading SharePoint Configuration Exception – An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown.

SharePoint CU Installation – An error occurred while running detection

Sometimes when we try to install patches in SharePoint environment we face the error stating An error occurred while running detection. This is due to a reason that SharePoint couldn't recognize whether the version of the patch that is going  to be installed is valid for your environment or not. Solution: Its solution is very simple. … Continue reading SharePoint CU Installation – An error occurred while running detection

SharePoint HRESULT: 0x80131904

Description: This is quite annoying message from SharePoint. This error would be encountered whenever you want to make any changes or try to add list item, create a site, basically adding anything into SharePoint. Cause: Insufficient space on DB server or basically in the database. Resolution: To get this error removed just increase the size … Continue reading SharePoint HRESULT: 0x80131904