In general, we can delete the columns using UI from SharePoint pretty easily. But some columns are not allowed to be deleted using UI but are allowed to be deleted using PowerShell. But there are some columns which are not deleted from PowerShell as well without some tweaks. Following is the snippet for deleting the column using … Continue reading SharePoint : Delete “Scheduling Start Date” and “Scheduling End Date” columns using PowerShell
Recently, I ran into trouble in which I couldn't find a simple way to find the admin database name in MOSS 2007 as its not displayed in Central Admin and there is no PowerShell supported in MOSS 2007 so we have to deal with stsadm tool. So, to find that I used stsadm command's operation … Continue reading MOSS 2007: Get Admin Content Database Name
Orphaned Content Database - By orphaned content database I mean that the content database is not associated to any web application and is not visible by using Get-SPContentDatabase command. So, what is the need of removing the Orphaned Database. Recently, I accidentally removed a database and added it back but somehow it was not adding back … Continue reading SharePoint 2013 : Orphaned Content Database Removal
There is an issue in SharePoint 2013 site in the version before SP1 that if you enter a URL with query string it keeps on adding the query string multiple times whenever any user clicks on the URL or try to save it. It can be fixed in two ways. Manual fixing PowerShell Manual Fixing: Follow … Continue reading Current Navigation Query String Repeating Issue in SharePoint 2013
Recently, I encountered a problem while installing SharePoint 2013. I just installed the SharePoint 2013 and when I run configuration wizard the following error was thrown just after the 3rd step of creation of configuration database. Somehow I figured out its the issue with the SharePoint installation, just install the latest CU it would fix this … Continue reading SharePoint Configuration Exception – An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException was thrown.
Sometimes when we try to install patches in SharePoint environment we face the error stating An error occurred while running detection. This is due to a reason that SharePoint couldn't recognize whether the version of the patch that is going to be installed is valid for your environment or not. Solution: Its solution is very simple. … Continue reading SharePoint CU Installation – An error occurred while running detection
Description: This is quite annoying message from SharePoint. This error would be encountered whenever you want to make any changes or try to add list item, create a site, basically adding anything into SharePoint. Cause: Insufficient space on DB server or basically in the database. Resolution: To get this error removed just increase the size … Continue reading SharePoint HRESULT: 0x80131904